Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Avocado mask mayhem

Hello my lovelies~
I'm not going to bother commenting on my inactivity seeing as I can't even count how long it's been since I last posted something. Now onto the main purpose of this post, AVOCADO MASKS.

I am going to retell my somewhat horrific experience with DIY avocado masks. Yes, horrific.

So I thought it would be a great idea to make an avocado hair mask and seeing as the recipe called for half an avocado, ingenious me thought 'how about I use that other half to make a face mask?'

After having followed a step-by-step recipe on how to make a face mask, I lathered a great amount of product directly onto my bare face.

A minute passed and I felt an odd tingly sensation. When the clock hit 5 minutes, my face was burning. Way to go Patty! The whole entire time, it did not occur to me that I was NOT supposed to feel this intense burning sensation. When it got to the point where my face couldn't take it any more, I quickly rinsed it off and voilà, an angry red face was staring back at me in the mirror.

I then began to panic and quickly grabbed my cleanser and scrubbed at my face. The cleanser did little to relieve the pain so I resorted to Dr. Google.

Patty: -typesintogoogle- [why is my face burning from avocado mask]

Then I find out that I have had an allergic skin reaction to the avocado. -claps-

Having read the first 15 webpages regarding this problem of mine, I go back to where I found the DIY recipe and realise there's a warning to test it out on your hand or bottom of your cheek prior to usage.


Source: Image

No comments:

Post a Comment