Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Skytree - not much of a tree in the sky

HELLOO. Okay guys, I know I haven't been  updating and I do realise that when I post my holiday memories, they'll be all jumbled up and not in chronological order. Don't shoot me though, I did happen to accidentally leave my Japanese speech award inside a cake bag which was sorta left behind... and the cleaner, chucked out bag of souvenirs, probably thinking it was rubbish. To be honest, I was completely shattered but you can't dwell on the past.

December 2nd 2012'

Today I set out to go see the Tokyo Skytree with my host sister Mayu and her younger sister, Kana. It's our first free day together seeing as there's school on Saturday too, although it's just half a day. Anyhow, we had lunch at home, took the bus to the station and trained from there to Tokyo Skytree. I gotta admit, when I approached the building, I was pretty gob-smacked. There were over 5 escalators we needed to take to get to the 'ground' floor. Hah. Since it's a new tourist attraction, I wasn't too surprised by the millions of people there.



Alright... I admit, I didn't actually go up the Tokyo Skytree, I just went shopping in the shopping area surrounding the building and that shopping area is called 'Tokyo Solamachi'. 


Prices are generally pricey but they have the latest products out there in the market. There are about two levels of restaurants and the other many levels are filled with VERY EXPENSIVE clothing stores. -sobsob- I really wanted to buy a lot of clothes but ....my wallet would be very sad and I would be very sad when my mum finds out that I've been impulse shopping.

After about an hour of window shopping, we stopped by a taiyaki store. I've never been a really big fan of taiyaki but they had the choice of soy milk cream only instead of soy milk cream with azuki bean (red bean).


IT TASTED SOOOO GOOD. Argh, I should come back to get some more of this stuff. So basically, the three of us just walked around the shopping area, taking photos and staring at all the cutesy couples by the romantic lit trees. I took a photo with my phone. Oh yeah, by the way, all the photos from my trip are taken with my phone because I couldn't be bothered bringing my slr....well..I had no space and my backpack was already filled with all my workbooks and diary and wallet and and and and yeah, stuff. 

We then went to the planetarium! Hooray~ I was really pumped and excited but then.. er.. well, let's just say I was in for a surprise. I completely forgot that since I was in Japan, everything would be in Japanese. Well they decided that since we're learning about stars, it was somehow linked to Japanese history. When I talk about Japanese history, I'm referring to the Heian and Edo periods. That's all I could understand. The rest was talking about Kanji and poems. Anyhow, here is the ticket.
I also took a snazzy photo of the Tokyo Skytree from where I was waiting to enter the planetarium. 

Oh right, forgot. I'm going to post a review on the Japanese exfoliating product 'Cure'. I bought it at plaza when I went to Solamachi. Yay~ It works like a charm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment